Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Brain hurts and my Heart is about to explode...



One in every 75 boys are born today with Autism. Staggering numbers, and yet, they just seem to keep rising. There is no known cause...yet. I have hope though... that in my lifetime they will find a cause, but until then I will trust in the Creator.


Well, its been a busy week between occupational therapy, and speech therapy, I've been applying for all and any financial aide out there! It really does make my brain hurt! There is so much out there, and its all so confusing! I think its my brain is extra foggy because my heart hurts. It hurts for my beautiful boy. I go back and forth thinking I can be strong, I must be strong, I must trust the Lord, and feeling as if I could crumple to the ground in a heap. Now, I don't mean to be over dramatic here, but I must be honest. I have really been encouraged by the Holy Spirit this week, but I must be willing to listen! Sometimes I don't feel like listening, but He is still there, whispering my name! Its amazing to see how my Creator communicates right to my heart. I read this verse today, and it was what I needed to hear :


"Then (Job) fell to the ground in worship and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." Job 1:20-21


I read this beautiful passage by Joni Eareckson Tada that followed:

"God screens the trials that come to each of us- allowing only those that accomplish His plan, because he takes no joy in human agony (Lamentations 3:33) These trials are not evenly distributed from person to person. This can discourage us, for we are only able to see through a glass darkly; we are not privy to his reasons. But we can take heart that every trial is ordained by God from eternity past, custom made for each believer's eternal good, even when it doesn't seem like it. Nothing happens by accident...not even tragedy..."


Thank you Lord for telling me exactly what I needed to hear today...and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment