Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

She wore hot pink nail polish to her brain surgery!







First of all, let me thank everyone who was praying for me on March 26! Thank you :) Thank you! My surgery lasted about 3 hours- they removed the tumor! I spent 4 days in the hospital, and they had to monitor me by drawing blood every couple of hours to see if the cortisol levels would drop to normal. It worked!
I'm gonna brag (a little bit) about my wonderful husband and best friend!
While I was in the hospital Dan was so supportive! He slept on an old, vinyl, squeaky chair by my bedside every night! I told him he could go back to the hotel at night and sleep- but he said "I'm not leaving here without you" - so sweet- what a wonderful guy!
Next- comes the hard part-the recovery!!!
Let me just say- Percocet and anti-nausea meds are my best friends right now!
Dan and I had to make a trip to the ER last night- because I was having really, really bad headaches and nausea for 2 days straight! I told Dan I'd rather have 10 kids at once then experience this type of pain! Well, the ER gave me something 10X stronger than morphine, and I could still feel some twinges-it did give me some relief though. I also had a CT scan- to see if anything was leaking. The CT scan showed that there was no leaking- just a lot of fluid in my sinuses. This fluid is just from the surgery. I was relieved! The ER later sent me home with different pain meds and anti-nausea medication - and they are currently working great!
I'm high as a kite right now-so it is taking me forever to write this! Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery, the Lord is good.

1 comment: