Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Buttercream Frosting


Margaret (my talented little sis) this picture you drew for Ella is so beautiful! It reminds me of Valentine's Day!
Buttercream Frosting
1 Cup Butter
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl combine butter, sugar and salt. Beat till blended.
2. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3 to 5 min. or until smooth and creamy. ( I suggest you use an electric mixer or hand-held electric mixer) :)
Makes enough icing to cover 1 9in round cake or 18 cupcakes!
* Buttercream Frosting is my current new favorite thing on Earth!
* I've always wanted to try to make a homemade cake with icing from scratch- and last week I did just that! It turned out absolutely fantastic-esp. the Buttercream Frosting- I'm obsessed!
*So in honor of Valentine's Day- go make some cupcakes for your sweetheart!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
* This verse is the theme verse of my life currently!
Outwardly I might be having health problems- but the Lord is renewing me inwardly day by day! I feel his constant presence! He knows what He is doing in my life and I am excited! I know this trial is temporary and it is in plain view for all to see- but that's not important in my life- what is important is the unseen and eternal!

No comments:

Post a Comment