Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm just going to be honest!


This picture of my beautiful children brings me such joy!
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose imagination is stayed on thee." Isaiah 26:3
O.K.- I'm just going to be completely honest!
I really did not want to do this blog- It would be waaaaay easier to just crawl in a hole and pull the covers over my head and wait till this is all over!
But that is not what God wants me to do- He wants me to just throw it all out there!
As I mentioned earlier I've been struggling writing about this for about 2 weeks! Finally, God made me dream about blogging 2 nights in a row so I said- O.K.!
Also, I made a commitment about a year ago to (God changed my life) read the Bible and do devotions everyday from now on- no matter what!
Lately, my devotions have been about listening to God- Fancy that!
Case in point:
Today's Devotions
Titled in my Oswald Chambers book : "Must I Listen?"
He poses the question
"Why are we so afraid to listen to God?"
"Because we know that if God does speak, either the thing (that he's asking) must be done or we must tell God we will not obey Him".
Wow!
That's harsh!
Well, I decided to not crawl into that hole- even though it might pain me at times to talk about this illness.
So I'm just going to be completely honest-
I do this all so the Glory of God can be shone through my life!
It's His life not my own.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting God's glory shine in you to others! Your words are an encouragement to me. And Dash and Ella are a picture of the joy God gives you today and always. Thanks for the reminder. You're helping me get through this too. Thanks for being my comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! You are such a wonderful, caring, beautiful sister! I love you!

    ReplyDelete