Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Is it really fascinating?

Well, it is to me! I think that I have finally come to terms with it all- and I mean all!
Why am I doing this blog? I really don't know- but I think God wants me to! I know God is going to tell me what to say and what to share! Maybe I can help someone out there- a fellow cushie- or anyone else for that matter relate to life's ups and downs no matter what crisis you are currently going through!

O.K.- I'm going to try to make this short and sweet! (Because I really don't like talking about this disease and the effects on the body) although it is quite fascinating!

My History with Cushing's Disease:

I'm not sure when it all started probably sometime after the birth of my daughter back in 2003- I noticed some weird things happening to my body:
major fatigue
weight gain ( even though I worked out 5 days a week and ate healthy)
acne
all of my fat on my body moved up to my face and neck- i always had a puffy face, round and red
more body hair as well as more facial hair- ugh
major heartburn all the time
hair loss
I eventually lost all muscle tone in arms and legs and could barely go up and down stairs!
I had no clue what was going on- I just sort of ignored it for a while!
I was diagnosed with cushing's disease in 2006- so I probably suffered with it for maybe 2 years- who knows!
It took that long for doctors to figure out what was wrong with me- I know some people out there live with this disease for many, many years because Cushing's Disease is so misdiagnosed!
I feel blessed!
Anyway- the doctors said I have a pituitary tumor that is making my body produce way too much cortisol. I had to have surgery to have it taken off. So it was April of 2006 when I was set to have surgery at the Cleveland Clinic my doctor said we should do another urine cortisol test before we schedule. Turns out my test was normal- and I should be feeling better soon- my body will go back to normal- and it did- an MRI showed that the tumor just shrank by half its size for no apparent reason.
God healed me.
I, my husband, and my church had been praying for me all the time! We told God just take it away- and He did!
I went on to have a beautiful, healthy baby boy in the Fall of 2008- no complications!
The Lord is good!

Well- Guess what- my journey with Cushing's disease is not over- it's back!

And Fascinating

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment