Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Who Holds The Key to Your Heart?


Happy Valentine's Day!
This is the yummy cupcake- I did not make- but enjoyed last night for desert!
I did make dinner though- It was super easy- garlic lemon chicken in the crock pot with creamy Yukon gold mashed potatoes and salad! I love to cook and try new recipes- esp. now that I have Cushing's Disease- it makes me super hungry! Anyway cooking has been kind of a therapy for me during this time! I suggest that you keep doing anything you love like knitting, reading, cooking, baking, sewing, yoga, pilates, or whatever you fancy, during trying times- it keeps your sanity!
Super Easy Garlic Lemon Chicken in a Crock Pot:
3-4 pound roasting chicken
1 med. onion roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves smashed
juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper
1. Rinse Chicken with cold water and discard giblets- pat dry
2. Put onion, garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of butter salt and pepper inside of cavity
3. Rub outside of chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter
4. Put chicken in crock pot
5. Squeeze juice of whole lemon over top of chicken
6. Sprinkle salt, pepper, dried thyme, and paprika over top of chicken
Cook on high for 5 or 6 hours
The chicken falls right off the bone- sooooo delish!
James 1:2
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
I know that I do not consider it pure joy when I go through trying times!
But the Lord is teaching me, molding me, and making me into the vessel that He wants me to become- and that's exciting! I know He cares enough to test my faith!
"At times God, puts us through a discipline of darkness to teach us to heed Him" -Oswald Chambers

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I am enjoying reading your blog...it has already been a huge encouragement to me!!! thank you for updating!

    ReplyDelete