Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

You Know You Have Cushing's Disease when..... (Part 2)


This pic was taken back in mid-Dec.- I looked at it and thought- I have Cushing's Disease again! My face was starting to fill out - starting to look like a moon face again! I felt o.k. at the time- except for maybe some extreme fatigue! I knew I had to get to the doctor and soon! Well, the rest - as you know is history- I have my surgery scheduled for March 26, 2010! Yay! The Lord is going to work out all the little details between now and then! We are praying!
O.K.- You Know You Have Cushing's Disease when.... (Part 2)
1. Your head hurts all day long- i've been going through advil and tylenol bottles like there's no tomorrow!
2. You get extreme joint pain all of a sudden
3. All your joints feel like rubber- I feel like gumby!
4. Your skin is really itchy and dry all over!
5. Your skin is really pale and see- through!
6. You just look sick and feel sick all the time!
7. You feel very shaky at times!
8. Leg muscles are very weak!
These are some of the symptoms I'm currently going through! I don't want to sound like I'm complaining- I just want people to become aware of the effects of too much cortisol has on one's body with Cushing's Disease! I want to document my experience so I might help other people struggling with this disease.
It could be alot worse- the Lord is taking care of me!
Psalm 121:1-3
I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved:
He who keeps you will not slumber.
God does not sleep- He knows what you are going through- He holds my hand!
I learned this passage of Psalm 121 as a 3rd Grader for a Speech Meet.
Throughout my life it has always popped up in my mind- and given me such strength and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment