Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Short-term memory not so good!


O.k. so- yesterday was Valentine's Day!
Dan had asked me to make his current favorite dinner for Valentine's Day- (Super Easy Beef Stew Pie)
I went to the store on Saturday to get all the ingredients as well as some other essential items. Unfortunately, I forgot the most essential items - the beef stew and the pie crust!
Since I have Cushing's Disease my short- term memory is basically non-existent! I need to start writing things down - I don't like to write things down! Anyway, I made hot dogs and jazzed up baked beans for Valentine's Dinner! The jazzed up beans were excellent! Dan and Ella loved it! My wonderful husband loves anything I make- I love that man!
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
God is in control of my life.
I wanted to share with you a quote from Elisabeth Elliot and her perspective of her life with God. Her husband, Jim Elliot, a missionary, was slain serving the Lord.
"All of us may be tempted sometime to conclude that because God doesn't fix it He doesn't love us. There are many things that God does not fix precisely because He loves us. Instead of extracting us from the problem, He calls us. In our sorrow or loneliness or pain He calls, "This is a necessary part of the journey. Even if it is the roughest part, it is only a part, and it will not last the whole long way. Remember where I am leading you. Remember what you will find at the end- a home and a haven and a heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment