Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pure Joy! My Kewpie!


My little Kewpie Doll!
O.k. I'm going to brag a little bit about my 6 year old daughter- Ella!
She brings me such pure joy each and every day!
She even looked like a little Kewpie Doll when she was a baby!
Ella knows something is not quite right with me lately, but she really doesn't know all of the details of my sickness. We haven't really gone into too much detail with her because she is only 6 and its not like I'm dying here- thank the Lord! She has been giving me so many more hugs and kisses lately! Those hugs and kisses have really given me such joy and peace! Sometimes we just need a simple hug!
Ella loves God! How do I know? She talks to me about Him every day! She prays for the kids in her class at school who don't know God! She is NOT afraid to talk about God to anyone and everyone who will listen!
Yesterday, I took Ella to ballet class and the ride in the car is about 30 min.
She wanted to talk about cemeteries, R.I.P., tombstones and what all that means- not one of the most fun topics of conversation! She knows she is going to heaven when she dies because she accepted the Lord as her Savior last summer, but she couldn't quite grasp the concept of getting there when her body is in the ground in a cemetery! I explained to her that we all have a soul and it will forever be in heaven if we know God! Then she went on to say she wanted to be the President when she grows up because she wants to tell everyone about God! Then she said she needs to change her name to a Presidential name like Abraham Lincoln, or George Washington because I guess Ella Beckley was not good enough! :)
The kids stuff say....
They make you simply smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment